Things you might need to know…
How old does my student need to be in order to participate in classes?
- The minimum starting age for Life Skills classes is 7years old with students eligible for participation until they graduate high school.
How much does it cost for my student to participate in programming?
- PLAYer level sessions are $80 for first student with a 10% discount for siblings
- Fast Camp sessions are $80 for first student with a 10% discount for siblings
- Par/Birdie/Eagle session are $160 for first student with a 10% discount for siblings
- This fee includes the additional 8 weeks of 9-hole league play for Par/Birdie/Eagle students
- Golf camps, tournaments, and special events carry additional cost depending on the event
- Financial aid and payment plans are available as no child is ever turned away for inability to pay
How long are classes?
- Life Skills classes are typically 1.5 hours long
- 9-hole league play is typically 3-4 hours long
What level does my student start at?
- Every student NEW to the First Tee must start at the a PLAYer level appropriate to their age.
- PLAYer 1 is for ages 7 to 9
- PLAYer 2 is for ages 10 and older
- We are a progressive developmental program so golf skills alone do not determine what level a student is.
- Length of time in each level depends on the students ability to show understanding, exhibition, and continual use of our nine core values and life skills being taught as well as continued improvement in their golf skills. (see the “Certification” section for more information)
Does my student need their own equipment?
- We supply all the necessary equipment for students to participate in class. If they already have their own, we encourage them to bring it to each class.
- Please make sure your student is dressed appropriately for the weather and that they are wearing tennis shoes or golf shoes (no flip-flops or sandals)
- Each student is required to bring a water bottle with their name on it (water provided – no food)
Can my student start classes today?
- Classes are offered inmultiple sessions throughout the year
- Students cannot enter a session in the middle and must wait until the start of a new session with registration being required
- Select a PLAYer level class in the next session based on your students age and your schedule. Example – If you choose a Tuesday at 5pm, your student will go to that class on that day and time for the entire session.
Where are First Tee classes offered?
- We have 4 program locations: The Creek at Qualchan (home course), Esmeralda, Deer Park, and The Highlands
- Students take all classes at the location they register for
- There may be times when 9-hole league play is held at a different location
What are the Tournaments and Fun Days on the calendar?
- These are fun events where our students can explore and display what they are learning in the Life Skills classes (ie, Scrambles, Drive-Chip-Putt, and Big Break challenge)
- Most events require participants to be registered members of The First Tee with some events being open to all young people and sometimes their parents & guardians
- Registration is required for all First Tee events (on-line or paper copy)